Translate

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Divergent

The first book on this blog is Divergent!




















Author: Veronica Roth
Genre: Dystopian fiction
Setting: Futuristic Chicago
Summary: Beatrice Prior's Society is split up into five factions. At the age of sixteen, each person will have to choose a faction to be in for the rest of their lives. There are the Amity (peacful), the Candor (honest), Abnegation (selfless), the Erudite (knowledge), and the Dauntless (brave). Will Beatrice stay with her family in Abnegation where she doesn't feel selfless enough or will she join another faction? According to the aptitude test, which tells you which faction you should be in, Beatrice could be in Erudite, Abnegation, or Dauntless. Her test giver tells her not to tell anyone about the test because she is Divergent. What does it mean to be divergent? Why is it so dangerous if anyone finds out? Read the book to find out!

I really enjoyed the book. I thought it was suspenseful and it was also descriptive about Beatrice's feelings. At so many places in the book, I just wanted to know what would happen next. You won't really know exactly why everything is happening until the last section. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes lots of action and futuristic time settings.

Feel free to comment on the book!

4 comments:

  1. Your description really makes me want to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I already did. They were really good, but I thought the end of Allegiant was kind of sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read these too and they were pretty good, although the ending was not the best. They're still really exciting, plus there's a movie coming out soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to watch the movie when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete